Friday, January 30, 2009

Drew Clear Begins





Ok, so i'm gonna get started by giving a little overview about why I created this blog.



  1. Seems Fun.

  2. Everybody has opinions, here's mine.

  3. It'll help me stay in tune with horse racing, and give me an excuse to go to the races.

  4. It's a good place to display some of my racing photographs, and a good motivator to keep taking pictures.

  5. It'll be fun debating The E-Vat in a public forum


I don't intend to make picks every weekend or post all the time (at least not at first), but my goal is to cover big races, or big race weekends, and to try to track the 3yo Derby Trail and the Road to the Breeders Cup. While I don't contend to be a supreme handicapper, I have been looking at the form for over 20 years and have a decent idea about what I'm doing. I've had many an enjoyable day at the tracks around this country, and they've led to some great experiences. I absolutely love to handicap races, and I have become a student of pedigrees in the past few years -- an area that truly fascinates me.


I've been an owner of throughbreds in the past (I'm sure I'll post more on that in the future), and I am looking to get back in the game. I have a few friends that also race horses, and Eddy, aka "The E-Vat", is going to be a primary contributor to this site. He's a handicapping legend, having qualified for NTRA/DRF finals twice, and is a true lover of the game as well.


I also love photographing races and will try to share some of my original photos when the opportunity presents itself.

So that's basically the idea. Handicapping, racetrack experiences, thoughts on ownership and updates on horses owned, and photography.


Hopefully this blog is interesting, inciteful, and always enjoyable to read.



1 comment: